Your Thyroid Chemistry Doesn’t Lie
Dr. Keith S. Ungar, Chiropractic Physician
Do you have unexplained weight gain, hair loss, loss of the outer 1/3 of your eyebrows, constipation, sleep problems, lack of energy, depression or other mood disorders? Have you also been told that your thyroid levels are normal or do you have these symptoms despite taking thyroid medications? Your symptoms are a sign that something is wrong whether it is a thyroid or autoimmune issue, it needs to be addressed. Some of the statistics related to thyroid issues are alarming:
- According to The Rotterdam Study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, “Older women with subclinical hypothyroidism were almost twice as likely as women without this condition to have blockages in the aorta. They were also twice as likely to have had heart attacks.”
- The latest poll suggests that 63.1% of Americans are either overweight or obese. Thyroid dysfunction often leads to obesity, which in turn causes diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, high cholesterol.
- Pregnant women – low thyroid levels can cause babies with mental retardation. Hypothyroidism in pregnant women can also cause miscarriages, preeclampsia, or preterm delivery.
- Some studies show that up to 50% of depression is caused by an undiagnosed thyroid condition. Thyroid problems can lead to serious depression and ongoing mental illness.
- Hypothyroidism can cause Hashimoto’s encephalopathy which attacks neurons in the brain possibly leading to confusion, psychosis, coma, seizures, dementia, and speech difficulties.
It is possible your health condition is being mismanaged or misdiagnosed. That is frightening. To find out why you are still suffering from thyroid symptoms even though your doctor tells you that your thyroid levels are normal or even though you are taking thyroid medications, sign up for Dr. Ungar’s free lecture series: The Ultimate Thyroid Health Video Series. Enter your name and email address below. If you do not want to wait to get on top of this serious health issue, click the Schedule an Appointment button now and schedule your complimentary consultation right now.